This has started to become more like bi-weekly updates. 🤷🏻♀️
Well there was Canada Day stat holiday last weekend. My kids are out of school for the summer, so I've been spending more time with them at instead of on the computer.
- Learning about GraphQL, wrote a few lines of JS codes.
- Researching other ways to run django management commands from admin. Came across the django-admincommand package.
- Other django-related work.
- Some code reviews.
- Deployed to prod a few times.
- Career growth discussion with my manager.
Python and the community
- I did a webinar with PyCharm! I got to talk a bit about contributing to Python, and I also get to show how you can automate your GitHub work with Zapier. Check it out!
- I have a couple new GitHub sponsors in the 🍪 tier. ❤️ Thank you! That brings it to 22 sponsors! You too can sponsor me on GitHub for as little as $5/month.
- Helped with the setup of PyLadies Monrovia (Liberia).
- Created more PyLadies Slack-bots.
- Sent an update about PEP 581 to python-dev, outlining the risks and downsides of GitHub.
- Continued working on aiohttp-bot. I created a PR, but I still need to write more unit tests. Also, I found a bug with black-out. 😟
- Some back and forth email communications with GitHub Support team and Ewa Jodlowska, to get the Triagers role enabled for CPython. The Python org on GitHub is now a non-profit organization, and we're in the Teams plan. Thanks to Ewa and GitHub for all the help! For the next steps, you can check out the project in core-workflow GitHub repo.
Celebrated Canada Day 🇨🇦
We handed over the keys to our old home to the new owners.
Took the kids to the circus 🎪 I think the performers are pretty talented!
Tried cooking gamjatang. It's ok but still not as good as I expected. Gotta try again next time with different recipe.
Our kids just started learning to bike on two wheels! They're making great progress and we've been practising in the neighbourhood.
Started scheming our next annual family vacation. We've been going to Cancún for the last 3 family vacations. This time we'll be doing something else, but still in the Caribbean. It's going to be FUN!! 😁