Weekly Update, March 17, 2019
Posted on Sun 17 March 2019 in weekly-updates
Getting ready for spring break vacation! Tying up loose ends before I go on OOOS.
- Working with Iterable API. Wrote to their tech support.
Python and the community
- Touchbase about CLA-assistant with Ernest. At this point we think that my job is done, and everything else is on Ernest and core devs. No pressure, but I want this happening before PyCon begins! 🙏🏻😣
- I noticed a regional Python community is putting out their first conference, and their speakers are all white men. 💔 Hurts to see this still happening in 2019. I don't even know what to say anymore. I've said what I had to say about this exact same situation in 2018.
- Victor noticed that miss-islington wasn't working as expected. I found out that was cherry-picker v 1.3.0 was buggy, so I spent time working on it. Released cherry-picker v 1.3.1 as bug fix. Thanks to Sviatoslav for reviewing!
- Various routine maintenance for cherry-picker and miss-islington.
- Merged various PRs. Nothing exciting, mostly typo fixes.
- Administrative work for the next PyLadies Vancouver event.
- It me in Business Insider!
- My guitar instructor showed me the Chordify app. Then we found the chords to Savage Garden's Truly, Madly, Deeply, and we played it together. It was real fun! I asked if we can try To The Moon and Back next time 😛
- Found the YouTube playlist for Gara-Gara, an Indonesian sitcom from the 90s. Started watching episodes 1-4.
- Played Pocket Academy on my phone.
- While on the way to register our kids to their new school, we got stuck in traffic for more than two hours. From the internet I found out that there was a crash and a vehicle got on fire. When the traffic cleared, the school was already closed. So I have to return back after spring break.
- Got sick just when the weekend started. 🤧😷🤒🤕 I was pretty much bedridden yesterday. Feeling better today.